bwtech at UMBC is hiring a Cyber Incubator Coordinator to work with our cyber companies. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
The Cyber Incubator Manager will organize and develop programs to support business incubation, marketing, and communications, business development, and administrative support to clients, sponsors, and partners of the Cyber Incubator@bwtech, an innovative business development environment for early-stage cybersecurity and IT companies located adjacent to the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) campus. The Cyber Incubator Manager reports to the Director of Venture Strategy and Development at bwtech@UMBC and will help to provide a friendly, responsive and supportive incubator environment to assist tenants and affiliates in building and growing their businesses.
Work Environment: Office building near UMBC
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
Medical benefits/retirement provided
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, reaching, and lifting, among other normally encountered physical requirements in an office building.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Master’s degree preferred);
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Preference will be given to individuals with business or entrepreneurial experience, or experience in the fields of marketing, communications, or cybersecurity/IT
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, reliability/dependability, and work ethic
• Strong written, oral, and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure, set and meet deadlines and multi-task
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Ability to evaluate and compare courses of action and make recommendations
• Ability to work in teams or individually
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
• Proficiency using Excel and Word; computer and technology literate
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to accomplish business objectives
• Some travel may be required
• Ability to lift as much as 50 lbs (need to be able to assist with office setup and takedown).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities, performed on a daily and/or weekly basis, include, but are not limited to:
1. Business Incubation Support
a. Organize and facilitate regular meetings with companies to assess needs, facilitate resources & training, review growth plans and readiness for graduation, etc.
b. Coordinate and facilitate meetings with internal and external resources (e.g., Entrepreneurs in Residence, professional service providers/sponsors, mentors, etc.)
c. Assist in the execution of the Northrop Grumman Cync program; support candidates and current companies by facilitating meetings, reviews, etc.
d. Assist with Cyber Advisory Board meetings and follow-up interactions
e. Coordinate programming/training for companies; assist/recommend new programming g. Assist companies with getting UMBC interns and access to other UMBC campus resources h. Assist the workflow of leasing documents and insurance
f. Assist and champion graduate companies
2. Marketing, Communications & Events Support
a. Assist in the planning and organization of Signature events, programs, and external trade shows/booths
b. Coordinate and facilitate regular new company meet-ups and social events (informal and structured), breakfast seminars, lunch & learns, beer and business meetings, etc.
c. Lead Cyber program marketing efforts (at events and through collateral materials etc.) via email, press releases, news updates, social media, internal and external newsletters, etc. d. Manage events and visits from international delegations, governmental leaders, UMBC faculty and staff, and other external/VIP visitors; (This would mean running the cyber center)
d. Lead the maintenance of Cyber Incubator-related LISTSERVs
3. Business Development
a. Identify qualified prospects for the incubator, manage admissions processes
b. Ensure adequate engagement and interaction of sponsors and assist in bringing new sponsors to our program
c. Champion bwtech through UMBC and the community at large (regional, local, state, international)
d. Assist leasing staff in processing new lease applications.
4. Incubator Operations
a. Develop and enhance processes regarding incubator admission, annual reviews, and graduation
b. Manage relationships through the incubation lifecycle including exit interviews with graduating companies
c. Coordinate walk-throughs of office space with office staff to determine safety deposit returns.
d. Collect, compile and report critical data such as metrics, dashboards, and marketing reports in a complete and thorough fashion
e. Manage relevant Cyber Incubator databases, spreadsheets, contact lists, etc.
f. Perform cross-training duties as needed such as back-up desk coverage, maintaining facilities and supplies, distributing mail, reserving conference rooms, managing facility requests, etc.